Pensacola State College Student Job Description
Becoming a successful student is very much like mastering a new job. In order to excel, it is necessary to know what is expected of you.
In a learning-centered college, a Pensacola State College student is expected to:
- Read and understand the college catalog.
- Read and use the college class schedule (paper or on-line) as you register each semester.
- Check with your major department for current information on requirements and curriculum.
- Talk to an advisor about the required courses needed for your major.
- Schedule classes so that the most effective learning can occur.
- Allow adequate study time per week for each course.
- Show satisfactory academic progress.
- Assume responsibility for your own learning and education.
- Make use of the college library (LRC).
- Develop a plan for increasing your listening skills and improving study habits.
- Take notes during classes.
- Work collaboratively with other students.
- Evaluate your own progress.
- Attend all class sessions and be on time.
- Complete all work when absent from class.
- Read, understand, and follow the instructions in the course and district syllabi.
- Complete reading and writing assignments in all classes.
- Turn in assignments on time.
- Complete work without cheating or committing plagiarism.
- Actively participate in class.
- Make appointments with professors during assigned office hours.
- Exhibit respectful behavior at all times.
Learning to Learn‚Ä¶Learning for Life