Pensacola State College recognizes that only students who have the potential to benefit from high school instruction should be admitted to the Collegiate High School Program. A completed AHS application to Pensacola State College obtained from the online New Student Packet or from the AHS Student Services Office, Building 11, Room 1113, (850) 484-2130.
All students entering the Pensacola State College Collegiate High School must:
- Be at least 16 years of age prior to the first day of class and successfully completed the 8th grade.
- Be in good standing from their previous public high school and eligible to continue their enrollment there.
- Students under age 18 must complete an Application for Admission to Collegiate High School signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Students coming from Exceptional Student Education (ESE) must contact AHS Student Services Office for an appointment before withdrawing.
- All new students who have not passed the HSCT or FCAT must submit TABE test scores which are less than 6 months old.
- Students must score at ninth grade or above to enter the regular high school program.
Students coming from an alternative or Charter school must:
- Be in good standing at their previous school at time of enrollment at the charter school.
- Submit a "letter of good standing" from the charter school.
- Receive approval from Pensacola State College administration.
Individuals who apply for admission fall into one of two categories:
- Transfer students are individuals who have withdrawn from other high school programs and desire to complete the State of Florida requirements for the standard high school diploma through the Collegiate High School at Pensacola State College. Applicants who desire to enroll as transfer students must complete the following steps:
- Bring an official, sealed transcript of all high school credits attempted.
- Submit a letter from the administration of the previous public school that the student is in good standing and eligible to continue his/her enrollment at that school.
- Show proof of withdrawal from the previous high school attended.
- Complete an Collegiate High School Application Form that may be obtained in the AHS Student Services Office, Building 11, Room 1113.
- Show proof of residency in the state of Florida.
- Attend an orientation session prior to beginning classes.
- Transient students are individuals who would like to enroll in Adult High School classes while maintaining enrollment in another high school at the same time. In order to be admitted, transient students must submit:
- A letter or recommendation from a counselor in their home school stating the specific courses that they are approved to take.
- A completed AHS application to Pensacola State College obtained from the online New Student Packet or from the AHS Student Services Office, Building 11, Room 1113, 850.484.2130.
- Home School students under 18 years of age must submit a "Notification of Termination of a Home Education Program" form obtained from the Escambia County School Board. Home school documentation must be evaluated and submitted as a transcript. Pensacola State College does not evaluate home school credit. Students must follow all procedures for new students.
Collegiate High School Registration
- Registration is held for approximately two weeks before the beginning of each full term.
- Registration closes one day after classes begin.
Returning students must complete the registration process each term.
Registration consists of the following steps:
- Obtain a registration form from the Student Services Office, Room 1113.
- Select a schedule of classes from the list of available course sections and completely fill out the registration form.
- Obtain an advisor's approval for the desired schedule of classes.
- Receive the computer printout of the schedule from the Registration Office.
Textbooks and Materials
- Students are required to purchase textbooks for each class prior to the first day of classes.
- Students must have all materials required for the class as directed by the classroom teacher.
- All textbooks may be purchased from the Pensacola State College Bookstore located in Building 5, the online Pensacola State College Bookstore or from the Lemox Bookstore.